Last night I got a little bored and came up with this version of bruschetta. I used chocolate almond biscotti as the "bread",put strawberries on some and raspberries on others, drizzled white chocolate and put some fresh mint on top. Kind of cool to have an dessert as your appetizer!Below is the recipe for the biscotti/assembly.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 ounces of almonds
1 carton of strawberries
1-2 cartons raspberries
6-10 ounces white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking sheet
2. Beat butter and sugar on medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
3, In an separate bowl, sift together flour,baking powder,salt and cocoa. Mix in slowly to butter mixture. Mix in almonds
4. Divide dough into two and shape both into log shapes (this is to get a baguette like shape for the bruschetta)
5. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until firm. Cool on pan for five minutes and then move to wire rack to cool.
6. Once cool, slice with a serrated knife in a careful sawing motion. Put slices on a ungreased cookie sheet and bake 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and place on wire racks to cool.
7. Dice strawberries and chop mint. Melt chocolate, put in plastic sandwich bag and snip off the tip (or just use a cake decorating bag). Assemble by putting the berries on the biscotti, drizzling with chocolate, sprinkling mint on top and serve with your swankiest plate.
8. Soak up all the raving praise for your culinary creativeness.